3 Tablespoons softened butter, divided
1 1/2 cups half & half
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
3 large Russet potatoes, sliced 1/8 inch thick
2 teaspoons minced garlic
1 bunch fresh asparagus cut into 1 inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 1/2 cups Swiss cheese, grated
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Use 1 tablespoon of the butter to grease four, six ounce ramekins. Place ramekins onto a sheet pan lined with parchment paper or foil.
2. Place the half & half and remaining butter into a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Add salt, pepper, and garlic. Place the potatoes into the pan and bring the milk back up to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low, partially cover potatoes with a lid, and simmer for 8-10 minutes.
3. Remove lid from potatoes, add the vegetables, and simmer an additional 4-5 minutes.
4. Spoon half the potato mixture into the prepared ramekins. Top each ramekin with two tablespoons of the cheese, then spoon on the remaining potato mixture. Top each ramekin again with two tablespoons of cheese.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes until potatoes are piping hot and the cheese is melted. Let sit five minutes before serving.
Read more recipes from Shauna here.