Recipe by SHAUNA HAVEY
Don’t let any of those Thanksgiving leftovers go to waste… turn them into an exciting new dish the whole family will love.
Makes 4 pizzas
2 tablespoons salted butter
1 small yellow onion, sliced
1 pound prepared pizza dough
1/4 cup cornmeal
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 Cup gouda cheese, grated
1/2 pound leftover thanksgiving turkey, chopped
1/2 cup leftover whole cranberry sauce
1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
2 tablespoons fresh flat leaf parsley, chopped
1. Place the butter into a skillet set over medium low heat. Add the onions to the pan and sauté until golden. Remove from the heat and set aside.
2. Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and preheat the oven to 475 degrees.
3. Divide the dough into 4 equal pieces. Sprinkle the cornmeal onto the countertop and press each piece of dough into an eight inch round. The dough will pick up the cornmeal as you shape it.
4. Brush the crusts with olive oil, then sprinkle the cheese evenly over the crusts along with the sautéed onions.
5. Top the pizzas with the chopped turkey. Drizzle over the cranberry sauce and sprinkle with the black pepper.
6. Bake pizzas for about 12 minutes, just until the crust is golden and the cheese is melted.
7. Remove pizzas from the oven and sprinkle the parsley on top before serving.
Read more recipes from Shauna here.